Personal Statement Rules
Generally Do’s and Don’ts help you in writing a good personal statement, because these two terms tell you what you should include into your statement and what should not. Many students are confused in these terms and make their statement false meeting rejection at the university admission. We suggest you the following Do’s and Don’ts in personal statement writing.
- Try to include brief metaphors of your specific achievements.
- Try to give credit to people or books or whatever has stimulated you.
- Provide a taste of your daily life to the readers to make points about yourself.
- Try to describe your aims and objectives both long term and short term.
- Try to spend your time on opening paragraph and make it as individual as you can
- Make your statement easy to read. Consider format, fonts, and margins.
- Do read the entire questions asked from you carefully.
- Try to correspond to span standards of your personal statement which are required.
- Type your final draft unless they tell you not to.
- Do write a separate and unique personal statement for each university because it can help you to describe the specific requirements of the university.
- Do as much research on the university as you can so that you will get admission in a best university.
- Mention your positive achievements as they apply to your graduate admission
- Do mention your work experience, or volunteer work that you may have done or extra-curricular activities if they relate to your field.
- Try not to undervalue the importance of the essay because it can cause rejection of your application. Also try to avoid underestimating the length of time because the key of success is to save time and complete your work within deadlines.
- Don’t try to write your statement by an unprofessional person because there are many ethical issues involved in the statement. Try to get help from a professional and successful person or writing company.
- Don’t list everything you have ever done in your life. Try to list and include only relevant and well-mannered record for supporting the statement in a way to be read smoothly.
- Don’t mention your interest for one particular college or university in a general application that is being sent to many colleges or universities.
- Don’t try to second-guess admissions faculty, as I have already said, and don’t butter them up.
- Don’t be fake because it can cause you rejection also.
- Don’t praise yourself.
- Do not repeat materials that are already on the application so that the reader pays good attention on the application and is forced to allow you a chance.
So, at the end we, professional writers, believe that you enjoy this article because it can help you to get an admission into a good university. We know that writing a personal statement is easy but writing this statement according to the required field of interest and in a professional manner is very tough. So, don’t waste your time for making a wrong personal statement because it can cause a failure even after a good research, but we can help you with a best solution as shown above for your success.
High quality and non-plagiarized personal statement with the best professional writers is waiting for you.