Business Personal Statement Writing
Businesses, corporations and joint-operated ventures account for one of the largest sources of revenue, sales and economic growth in the developed world. This is why a significant number of prospective students or graduate apply for undergraduate and graduate programs in Business Management, International Relations, Accounting, Finance or Business Administration. For any of these programs or for application to an MBA graduate degree program, a personal statement or an answer to an essay question is almost always a requirement. Every year students experience difficulties writing a great personal statement that will catch the attention of an Admission Committee and get them accepted.
Students also tend to undervalue the significance of the personal statement and its potential impact on their acceptance. Below is a sample of a successful, convincing and effective business personal statement. Our personal statement writers are always here to assist you in writing a statement from scratch or editing your existed draft! Below is the business personal statement sample:
[sample title=”Business Personal Statement”]
For many years I had put in a great deal of effort to achieve academic excellence in all my chosen courses and broaden my worldview, develop potential business ideas and become a mature, self-confident individual. Acceptance into the Business Development program at the University of San Diego, will provide a fruitful and productive return on my investment into self-development. This is a crucial moment in my life – the moment that will shape my future career potential. My interests in all aspects of business development, including the new era of online marketing, cultivating relationships on a personal level, learning strategies of workplace management and attempting to realize my own business ideas, have all been inspired by an unlikely and seemingly inconsequential experience in my early teens. A short, one semester course that I took in high school cultivated a desire to succeed at realizing my own ideas, working with people to achieve them and providing society with a product or service that would be in demand.
I was fascinated by the enthusiasm of my instructor and genuine appreciation of my own interests. The unique teaching methods which involved visualization, audio-sensory and kinesthetic leaning were quite appealing, productive and memorable. It was at this point that I realized business was not only a means to make profit, but a responsibility to provide a service to the community. Concentrating solely on the profit margin and being motivated by personal greed alone, results in many negative, unforeseen and long-term effects. Business is an opportunity to innovate, strive for perfection and develop the self. Take one of PayPal’s founders, Elon Musk, who after amassing a fortune founded the company SpaceX, which is one of the leading developers of modern rockets and propulsion systems today.
I have made the decision to apply to The University of San Diego so that I may pursue a similar path on my career and never stop seizing opportunities to advance to an even higher level than before. The determination to succeed in the Business Development Program stems from confidence in the ability to exceed all the program requirements, work as a team member and provide critical insight into the field of business marketing and development. The development of my home country’s economy, society and local community will always be at the forefront of any endeavor I undertake in the future.
I strongly believe that most large enterprises have failed to neglect the “human” aspects of business in the rush for a quick profit. Although profits are the main priority of corporations, they can take into account other factors such as environmental impact, social development, non-profit contributions and improvement of worker conditions without major impact. The University of San Diego’s Business Development program is renown for its emphasis on the modern principles of a social-business profit model, which appeals to my future goals. I believe the professors who advocate this model are correct in teaching a new generation of business students of how to minimize the negative effects of commodification, depersonalization of workers and outsourcing of labor to third-world countries.
I believe social issues should be incorporated into the course outline and that I would benefit from them. The program at the University of San Diego will serve as the catalyst that will propel me closer to my career goals and provide me with a deeper understanding of the business-social matrix within which I find myself every day, as a consumer, citizens, family member, environmental advocate and innovator.
Write a Good Business Personal Statement with Step by Step Guide
Submitting a strong business personal statement can do wonders for your application. It can guarantee that you stand out from the competition and that the admission committee sees you as a strong and potential candidate. However, there are certain steps you should follow to make sure your personal statement is perfect. Here is a step by step list we have crafted especially for you.
- First of all, you will have to choose a topic for your personal statement. Read the question you have to answer and think of how you can approach it.
- Brainstorm some phrases related to the topic you have chosen. Pick two or three, depending on the length of your personal statement, and develop them a little more.
- Craft an outline where you include all the necessary information that the admission committee is looking for. Add the phrases you brainstorm to those sections and include some brief sentences to describe them.
- Write your personal statement following your outline. This way you can be sure it will be coherent and relevant, and that the reader will be able to understand what you are trying to say.
- Include personal stories, anecdotes, and facts to illustrate your strongest skills. These are the ones that will set your application apart from the rest of the candidates. With them, the admission committee will make their choice.
- Use formal language to write your personal statement. Always keep in mind that you are writing within an academic context, so do not use slang or jargon. You can, however, use some specific terminology to the business course.
- Proofreading your personal statement is the last step of the writing process. After you have finished writing, wait for a few minutes before starting to revise your paper. This will help you catch more errors and typos.
The Structure of a Winning Business Personal Statement
Every winning business personal statement has the same structure. And it is not a coincidence. Following a certain structure can help you ensure your personal statement is relevant and coherent. It can also help you make sure that it contains all the necessary information that the admission committee is looking for. That’s why we have listed useful information about the structure of a business personal statement. Check it out:
- First paragraph. Open your personal statement with a catchy phrase. Something that will capture the reader’s attention. Here, you will also have to mention why are you applying for that course.
- Second paragraph. Continue with your personal experiences and describe your knowledge about the course.
- Third paragraph. Briefly mention any work experiences or internships you have done in the past.
- Fourth paragraph. Use personal stories to help the reader connect with your message. If you are able to do so, you will have better chances of being accepted into the course as the admission committee will find your personal statement memorable.
- Fifth paragraph. End your personal statement by mentioning your academic and career goals. Remember that you are positioning yourself as a suitable candidate for the course.
What to Include in Your Business Personal Statement Necessarily
If you look online for a personal statement example make sure it is well-written. A good business personal statement sample can be used as a template. On this page, you will find a sample we wrote. If you compare our sample with the ones that you find online, you will see they have some things in common. There are certain things that your business personal statement should include. Those things are:
- A brief introduction about yourself. Who you are and why are you applying for that program.
- Your academic background, as well as any work experiences or internships you may have done.
- You also have to include your career goals. What are you trying to get with the program you are applying to.
- Your strongest skills should also be part of your personal statement. They are the ones that will make you stand out from the competition.
- You will also have to include relevant information to answer the question of your personal statement. Include anecdotes and stories to illustrate your arguments.
Ask for Help with You Personal Statement
Even if you have good writing skills, sometimes it is hard to write a strong personal statement. But you do not have to worry if you are having a hard time creating a winning personal statement. We provide professional business personal statement help to help you with your admission essay.
We can help you write and edit a winning personal statement so that you can have better chances of getting accepted. All you need to do is contact our team and they will ask you some questions so that they can start writing your personal statement. Plus, we also have unique benefits for you. When choosing us, you will benefit from:
- An expert team of writers specialized in a wide range of academic subjects
- A professional team with many years of experience working with admission papers
- A customer support department available 24/7 to answer your questions
- Outstanding results at affordable prices
- Free revisions to make sure that you are satisfied with your essay
- A refund policy so that you can be sure that we will transfer your money back if you are not happy with our work
Read through more samples to improve your writing skills and to develop more ideas on how to write an outstanding business personal statement or advertising personal statement. Perhaps you will also be interested in other business personal statement samples such as commercial diplomacy personal statement. Personal statement writers highly recommend browsing through these samples and comparing your own draft.