Help with Personal Statement for AFS Exchange Student Program
AFS (American Field Service) is a widespread intercultural exchange program which gives students an opportunity to learn foreign languages. Owing to this program invention thousand students all over the world can afford themselves to improve their language skills and knowledge communicating with native speakers. The AFS program has begun as a kind of service of volunteer ambulance drivers in 1914 and these days it became a part of the international exchange program for the youth.
Taking into consideration this information an applicant should accordingly compose his or her statement of purpose. First of all, you ought to demonstrate the selection committee interest in different languages and cultures research. Write briefly the main aspects of the difference between various cultures and national mentalities. The committee members should understand that you have some basic knowledge on the chosen specialty.
In case you don’t have any knowledge on the theme and haven’t studied it before, but are interested in the problem very much, you should mention this as well. Then it will be better to give the strong reasons why you’d like to study the question and why the selection committee should choose your candidacy. But don’t cite the standard reasons, give your own, the real ones.
The Role of Personal Statement in Application
When applying to join an intercultural exchange program you should submit a strong personal statement. Since chances are many people will be applying for the same program as you are, it will be hard to get accepted. That’s why you need to differentiate your application from the one that other candidates submitted. And the best way to do it is by writing a strong personal statement where you include all the information about yourself – the one that is relevant to the program, of course. The personal statement is an important paper for many reasons. For example:
- The personal statement is the paper from where the admission jury will read about your skills, your motives for joining the program, as well as your experiences working in multicultural settings.
- It will help your application stand out from the crowd. It will set you apart from the other candidates.
- Your personal statement is a reflection of yourself. So the reader will get to know you through your words. Thus, make sure you write a powerful personal statement.
- It is also a paper that can help you transmit your goals and motivations for joining an exchange program.
American Field Service is one of the largest international, non-governmental, voluntary and non-profit organization. It provides opportunities for learning the intercultural aspects in order to help students (and adults as well) to develop their skills, knowledge and understanding of the world as a whole. The ultimate aim of AFS organization is to teach people how to make the world more just and peaceful. More than 30 000 volunteers are part of the AFS exchange program all over the world.
All comers may become a part of this huge organization – the youth and the old, students and professors, businessmen and retirees. So, when you are going to apply for AFS program it’s obviously to state what are your goals as to the world development measures, what contribution can you make in this global process. Remember that each year the AFS exchange program gives a real chance for over 14000 students and teachers as well for developing and you may be one of them.
What to Write in Your Personal Statement
But before we move to the personal statement point, you need to be sure you know what is AFS intercultural programs. If you did not read it above, it is an intercultural exchange program that helps students learn new languages with native speakers. Now that we got that out of the way, let’s talk about what you need to write in your personal statement when applying to an AFS exchange student program. Remember that your personal statement should be different from an academic one. Even though both of them highlight your motives and skills.
If you read some online AFS personal statement examples, you will see that they include relevant information for the exchange program. A personal statement highlights the motives to take part in such a program, you should also include a brief explanation of the differences between cultures and languages, and any volunteering experience you may have. But how should you put all that information in your personal statement? Check this list for help:
- You should start by introducing yourself and why are you interested in applying to the program.
- Continue by writing about your knowledge of different languages, cultures and what a volunteer service should be. You can use personal anecdotes to illustrate your arguments.
- Then, talk about any volunteering experiences you may have had, or how well do you speak other languages. If you do not have any of those, talk about your interest in the program.
- Explain what are your strongest skills and what can you bring to the program. In other words, what makes you a perfect candidate for an intercultural exchange program.
Submitting an American Field Service Program Application May Be One of the Best Choices You Can Make
Taking part in an intercultural exchange program has many advantages. When applying to an American field service study abroad program, you will be able to get real experience and learn a foreign language with native speakers. This will help you add points to your application if you decide to go to college, or when applying for a job. It can also help you develop some skills that you did not know you had. It will help you as well to become a more independent person. Since you will be living in a foreign country, your perspective, tolerance, and respect will improve.
In other words, you will become a better person. But to make the most of it, your American field service program application should be impeccable. Delivering a strong personal statement can help you get accepted, which will help you benefit from all the advantages of the program. So make sure you do not miss any opportunity and submit a well-written personal statement.
We Can Help You with Your American Field Service Program Application
We provide professional writing services to help you with your application. Our expert team will make sure to tell your story in a convincing way so that you get a chance at being accepted in the program. Our services are carried out by professional experts with many years of experience working with admission essays. They know how to choose the right words so that your personal statement helps you stand out from the crowd. But you should choose our services if you are looking for:
- A reliable team of experts that can help you write and edit a strong personal statement
- A customer support team available 24/7
- A money-back guarantee to use if you are not satisfied with your personal statement
- Free revisions to ensure you are happy with your essay
- Affordable prices and high-quality papers
- A secure and confident service
- A unique and original personal statement based on your own story
- A free draft so that you can see what the writer will write before they start working on your order