Winning National Merit Scholarship Essay Writing
What Is a National MeritÂ® Scholarship
The National Merit Corporation is a privately funded NGO organization that awards brilliant students with a prestigious Merit Scholarship to cover their academic fees. It was founded in 1955, and since then, it has helped over 3 million students achieve their academic dreams. The National Merit Corporation runs two types of programs. The National Merit Scholarship Program awards U.S. high school students that excel at academic performance. The other one, the National Achievement Scholarship Program, founded in 1964, helps Black American youth to pursue their studies. Students applying for one of their scholarships must pass a competition, and our personal statement writers can be very useful for that. These are the different stages of it:
- First, students must take the Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test
- Then, a round of semifinalists is selected. Semifinalists are the students who got the highest scores from their state.
- From those semifinalists, the organization selects a group of finalists who need to provide an essay, among other documents.
- Finally, an elite crowd receives a Merit Scholarship. The winners are chosen based on their performance, skills, and abilities.
All You Need to Know about the National MeritÂ® Scholarship Program
If you are thinking of applying for one of their scholarships, you should be aware of the National Merit Scholarship requirements. To be considered for one of their grants, you should attend a U.S high school. You could also attend a school within the U.S Commonwealth or the District of Columbia. You need to be a U.S citizen or be living lawfully in the U.S. as a permanent resident.
Another requirement you should meet is that you need to be a high school student. But, you can be coursing a traditional high school or be a homeschooled student. You should also take the Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test in the stated year of the high school program. If you meet all the requirements, then you can move into the application process. These are the steps for the application process:
- After you have taken the Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test, you will be notified if you are a semifinalist.
- Semifinalists need to provide their SAT results too.
- Finalists will have to submit a self-descriptive essay in order to compete for the award.
What You Should Know about the National MeritÂ® Scholarship Application Essay
If you are a semifinalist, as part of your National Merit Scholarship application you will need to submit a self-descriptive essay. In this essay, the jury will judge how well do you express yourself, your word choice, and will get to know you a little bit more. The application essay should help you beat the competition. Since you will be competing with highly talented students from all the territory, you will need to make sure that your application remains memorable.
Your personal application essay is an extremely important part of your application. Just like your scores, your essay will demonstrate your academic abilities. It will tell the jury how well can you express your thoughts on paper, and what do you think about yourself. These two points help them get an idea of the candidate. And if they like your answer to the essay, you can probably win the competition.
Learn How to Write a National MeritÂ® Scholarship Essay
If you need to write an essay as part of your application, make sure you submit a winning National Merit Scholarship essay. Learning how to create one can improve your chances of winning the competition. Here is some expert advice that will help you write a winning essay. Take a look at them:
- Your essay should be written in 500 to 600 words. Make sure you meet the word count as it will demonstrate that you know how to summarize information and explain relevant details only.
- Read the question carefully and several times. Ensure that you have understood it and you know what you should write about.
- Once you have an idea of the topic, start brainstorming several events that marked your life. Since your essay has to reveal a significant part of your life, make sure that you want to share it.
- After brainstorming, pick the moment in your life that had a major impact. Summarize it and explain why did it affect you, and how did it shape you.
- Your description should reveal your personality, what you have learned from that episode, and how do you embrace changes.
- When you finish writing it, you should take the time to proofread it. Submitting a flawless essay is key to advance in this highly competitive contest. Make sure that there are no typos, grammatical mistakes, or orthographical errors. Your sentences should also be coherent and short. Avoid complex ones as they may make it harder for the reader to understand what you are saying.
Our Services Can Help You Submit a Winning National MeritÂ® Scholarship Essay
Even if you know how to write a National Merit Scholarship essay, you may struggle with thinking about how to organize the information you want to include. And it is no wonder. When you consider that only 1% of the semifinalists made it to the final stage, and only half of them receive a scholarship, writerâs block might start knocking on your door.
Thatâs why it is better to rely on our service. Our professional and skilled writers can help you craft a personalized essay following your requirements. Our reliable service will treat your details confidentially and only use them to tailor a personal paper. We can help you put your thoughts on paper. In a coherent, interesting, and flawless way, of course. But, besides our flair for language, there are many reasons why you should choose our help. For example:
- You should hire our services if you want to make sure that your essay is free of mistakes.
- When you choose our services, we will provide a free draft that you can revise before a professional writer starts writing your essay. You can recommend any changes you want and provide feedback.
- We also have free revisions that you can ask for once you receive your essay. We want to make sure you are happy with your paper.
- You should also choose our help if you are looking for a service with affordable rates and quality results. We only work with professional writers that help us guarantee we will deliver an outstanding personalized essay.
- We also have a customer support department available 24/7 that can help you with any problem. They will quickly respond to your query and make sure they solve it in a short period of time.
- You should hire our services if you are looking for one that offers a money-back guarantee. Yes, that is right. If you are not satisfied with your paper, we will refund your money. As we mentioned before, we want to make sure you are completely happy with your essay.